Sunday, August 21, 2011

Biker to Biker

Biker to Biker

A hazy muggy day in the city, and a serendipitous motorcycle rally. I was a little too late to capture the density of the bikers, (haha, I was on my bike as well, bicycle, that is) and had to settle for the stragglers passing by the policemen on the west side highway. There's a little camera attached to the policeman's helmet.

I didn't realize until much later that I was shooting accidentally at 800 ISO, but that actually gives it a grittiness that works for this image, I think.

4 comments:

  1. Great shot. It's almost as if it is staged for the shot. I like the smart stance of the police officer and the relaxed position of the biker.

    The other goodies in this image are the traffic signal lights, the flag, and the misty backdrop of the empire state.

    I like gritty too. Some people call it digital noise. I call it artistic grain. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo reminds me of Robert Frank's The America .... if you don't know his work... look at it he was an awesome photographer. The father of 35mm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys - I'll look into the Robert Frank images.

    I got a couple of other shots that are interesting but the light is not easy to work with here. I was following the cycle-cade for a while when I saw this particular officer and had to get off my bike and take a few. Didn't have much time, the rally was near the end and the cop moved on as I was still taking shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shot, Mike. Like the lines in this shot... the horizontal empahasis from the biker, officer, bikes and flag contrasting with the vertical of the buildings in the background. The flag brings the whole image together for me.

    ReplyDelete