Saturday, July 19, 2014

High Rise


Forgot the name of this building, part of a complex of contemporary designs along the west side of Manhattan in the 55-58th street area. Strikes me as a sort of retro-futuristic look...

Here's a second one, with a reflection of the first one...



Don't know why but when I upload these to blogger I'm seeing a distinct purple cast that isn't there in photoshop, so I don't exactly know how to get rid of it...

Update: Because this is bugging me...

Here's a screen shot showing the PS and Blogger versions side-by-side. Same image file.


The purple cast is even stronger here. I thought maybe blogger was loading a cached version of the picture (I had corrected the color cast in an earlier version of the image before posting) so I changed the name of the file and reuploaded, but no change. Maybe I need to delete the post and start from scratch? Nope, doesn't fix the problem either...grrr.

UPDATE - Problem Solved:

In searching for a solution, I googled "purple color cast in blogger" and nothing came up. Then I noticed a different problem with washed out tonality in another photo - and googled a more general "poor image quality in Blogger" which led me to the solution. I had to go to google+ (which is intimately linked with blogger) and change my setting to turn off the "auto-enhance" feature.

1 comment:

  1. Strange blogger glitch you got there! I don't think I would have noticed though. You have that perfectionist eye for detail though.

    ReplyDelete