Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Colonnade Revisited

IMG_8794


IMG_8776


IMG_8791


IMG_8784


IMG_8785

Back in the city, from Sunday. This is the colonnade overlooking the Hudson River that I shot once before this summer. I was out about an hour before sundown, looking for dramatic "light & shadow" effects to go with the photography club assignment for this month. I didn't set out to shoot this particular structure, but when I walked by and saw it in this light the choice was obvious. Adjusted highlights and shadows in photoshop a bit to the accentuate the effect - I hope it doesn't look overdone.

5 comments:

  1. Love the lighting and lines on these images Mike. I especially like the first three... the lines just draw you into the image. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rich b/w tones in these images remind me of the work of cinematographers like Gregg Toland and James Wong Howe. Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lines are wonderful and the exposer is dead on... great job Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed with everything said above... lines, contrast, exposure. It's a great looking subject as well. I can imagine taking many images of this structure. Great result for a photography assignment.

    ReplyDelete